Sunday, February 22, 2009

One of the fantastic things about the internet is the ability to look at other artist's work without visiting a gallery.  Although there is no substitute for seeing the work in person, the internet is a great way to find out about artists that you didn't know existed!  I had a wonderful surprise yesterday while googling (is that a word, hahaha) underwater swimmers, just to study some photos of different ways to view water from under the surface.  I happened upon a Greek artist named Maria Filopoulou, who has done a series of swimmer painters unlike any I've seen before.  I'm an instant fan of her work!  If you enjoy swimmers, Google her!  By the way, I am knee deep in my next underwater painting, and will be posting it very soon.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment