Monday, June 17, 2024

" I Listen to the Wind of My Soul" Milagro Necklace

Ever since my first trip to Mexico in 2010, I've been enchanted by Milagros (Milagro meaning miracle in Spanish), which are small folk charms in the shape of hearts, animals and various body parts.  You can find them mostly in brass or tin, at the local public markets, shops and outside of churches.  People like to purchase them and take them to church to pin under the Saints, praying for particular outcomes.

I've visited Mexico many times, and I often bring back Milagros.  I've found both vintage and new ones, all equally enchanting, and have made necklaces with them on and off for over ten years.

Recently I've felt the pull to work with them again, and I'm putting together a small new collection of one of a kind necklaces.  

This first one features Ears!!  

So why would you wear ears??  It depends what they mean to you!  Maybe you're experiencing a problem with your ears.  Or... maybe you want to be a better listener, either to others, or to your own inner voice.

On the theme of our inner voice, at first I thought I'd name the necklace "I'm listening to the whispers of my soul", then I thought "I'm listening to the cries of my soul" (sometimes they really are cries)!!  But then a song I listened to many, many times as a teenager, called  "The Wind" by Cat Stevens started playing over and over in my head...  "I listen to the wind, to the wind of my soul".  It made me cry so hard when I listened to that song again that I knew this was indeed the name for the necklace.  So here it is...

"I Listen to the Wind of My Soul"


The piece features seven brass Ear Milagros from my trip in 2017 to Mexico City, each hung from a white freshwater pearl, wired with Sterling Silver wire.
In between the ears are eight baroque pearls hanging from a smaller pearl, all white freshwater.
The necklace features red wine colored iridescent Czech Glass bugle beads with a gold flash,
along with clear seed beads with a gold foil center.
The necklace is about 18-1/2" long, including the sterling silver lobster clasp, and is finished with a two inch sterling silver extender chain capped with a freshwater pearl.
It literally jingles, as an ever present reminder to confidently follow your intuition.

To view and purchase the piece on my website, click here.
For a short Instagram Video featuring the piece and the song, click here.


Perhaps this piece will whisper to your soul as well...


With Love and Light,

Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment