Saturday, May 10, 2014

Ancient Relics in Mexico Depicting Motherhood



Happy Mother's Day

La Maternidad, Milagro Infinito del la Humanidad
(Motherhood, the infinite miracle of humanity"
Museo de la Cuidad Huamantla, Tlaxcala, Mexico

Family, Archeological Museum, Xalapa, Veracruz, Mexico
I haven't written my blog for a while, as we haven't been traveling for a bit. But I still have lots to share, so I decided to start writing today, beginning with the message that I just sent out in my email newsletter.
In honor of Mother's Day, here are a few pictures of ancient relics that I was lucky enough to view and photograph firsthand last year in the museums of Mexico.  These primitive pieces of art depicting the family bring me such delight.  They remind me that motherhood is timeless, indeed the infinite and ultimate miracle, extending across all cultures.  I hope these images make you smile.

Mother and Child, Xalapa Archeological Museum, 
Veracruz, Mexico 

Family, Archeological Museum, Xalapa, Veracruz, Mexico
 



And lastly, although I lost my own mother almost 23 years ago, I am blessed to be a mother myself, and here are my own little miracles, Tommy and Natalie.  What an honor to be their mom!!

I wish you all a blessed Mother's Day!!
Enjoy this most special of days, and make some Mother smile!
Love,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment