Saturday, March 2, 2024

"Beneath the Surface" in Frogtown for Women's History Month

Every Picture Tells a Story


Greetings Art Lovers!
When I purchased a blank 48"x48" stretched canvas back in 2009 only to discover it wouldn't fit in my car, the universe gave me a hand in the form of a friend who just happened to be shopping there and could drive the canvas home for me.  I then got to work on what would continue to be my piece with the most interesting history to date.

"Beneath the Surface" was born in 2010, and I loved the finished piece but it still didn't fit in my car.  It seemed I was always looking for someone to drive it around for me!!  The universe took note and again gave me a hand, this time introducing me to a company that rents Art to movies and television.

Becoming one of their favorites, my painting was featured in their showroom from 2014 to 2019, appearing in numerous shows, including NCI Los Angeles, Going Under, New Girl, Reverie, Lethal Weapon, 10 Days in the Valley, Libby and Malcolm, Training Day, Criminal Minds and Lucifer.  It was rented a total of fifteen times, with its biggest claim to fame being "Big Little Lies".  Appearing as a backdrop for Nicole Kidman in S2, E4, she exclaimed to Meryl Streep to "Get the *#$% out of here!!", as an evil Meryl explained "We need to do what's best for the boys".

Ah... the drama of it all!  What a classic scene.

Several arranged car rides after its run there, in 2022, it witnessed a storage break-in where it was not harmed!  Facing yet another move, I finally took it off the bars and rolled it up.

Recently unrolling the painting for the first time in a while, I flung my arms to the heavens and exclaimed "If this painting could talk, what a story it would tell!!  This painting needs a home"!

And then, you guessed it, the universe gave me a hand...

 This history laden painting will be on display and available for purchase at an event in honor of
International Women's History Month

Come and meet the painting, the myth, the legend that is "Beneath the Surface" at...
Open to All!!  Bring your Brothers, Partners & Pals!  Free Admission, Art, Live Music
Food by Just What I Kneaded
Wine by Justine's Wine Bar
This is a popular event, so I encourage you 
to preregister here.

I'm offering this unique piece of Art that has rubbed elbows with the stars at $1850, unframed...
perhaps you're just the person it will whisper it's story to.

See You There!

With Love and Light,
Linda

lindaqueally.com
a quick little unrolling video here

follow me on Instagram
artbylindaqueally

No comments:

Post a Comment